Thursday, August 27, 2015

New Stomping Grounds

In my last post I promised a list of 10 things I was looking forward to about Atlanta. I've been here a little over a month now, and am long overdue to sit down and write this!

1. My favorite person! My husband lives here, so of course that in and of itself makes Atlanta great :)

2. My parents live here still; I grew up in the NE suburbs of Atlanta and my parents live in the house we moved to when I was 16. It's fun to able to see them more often and before I got married I got to live with them one last time which was really special.

3. In my Augusta post, I mentioned how much I'll miss First Pres Augusta. I'm thankful to say I am blessed to be part of another gospel preaching church here in the big city. Really there are many solid churches here but I am especially thankful for the one we attend.

4. Mountains. I love the beauty of mountains,  and they are so close now! A quick 1.5 - 2 hour drive will put an Atlantan comfortably into the pretty North Georgia mountains.

5. Parks. I miss the Greenway on the river in North Augusta, but now I have a park I don't even have to drive to. A quick 2 minute tops walk from our house puts me in a fun park with walking trails and lots of people watching. It's especially fun to be able to walk to community events there.

6. Friends. I really miss my Augusta friends, but now I get to hang out with my Atlanta friends and make some new ones as well!

7. More family! My cousins on my dad's side of the family all live here, so hopefully we will be able to hang out more often now! Also, my husbands family all lives in the area which gives me even more relatives I get to spend time with. Now how to get my sisters and their families to move here??!!

8. New local grocery shopping options. I have discovered a CSA that delivers weekly about 3 minutes from our house. I haven't had a chance to really look and their pricing and see if it will be cost effective for us, but it's nice to have the option for locally grown produce and meats. There's also a farmers market in walking distance, but it only runs June - August. I still need to see if there are any farmers markets around with longer seasons. Also, I now have Aldi only 5 minutes away instead of 25!

9. The house we currently live in has a large, beautiful old oak tree outside the front window. It also borders woods/a creek on one side. My country loving heart loves this! It feels like our own pretty piece of country in the middle of a big city.

10. Braves games are fun and easy to go to now! Also, Stone Mountain is nearby as well as lots of other fun things to do.

Thanks for reading! Next time I'll give a life update!

No comments:

Post a Comment