Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ballet and a 5k

The past couple of weekends have been busy! Two weekends ago, I got to combine two of my favorite things: ballet and photography. Now, I myself am no longer a good dancer. But, I enjoy watching ballet. Particularly the Perimeter Academy of the Arts School of Ballet where my mamma works and I used to dance. Let me just say, I danced back in the dark ages and the school has come a long way since then. I've had the opportunity to take pictures of the company's spring performance the past few years which has been a really fun challenge. I think I've seen every company performance since they began back when Laney was a Jr in high school. Just as much as I love taking pictures, I love watching the girls grow in their dance ability year after year. The girls who were seniors this year would have been around 6th grade back when the company started! My sisters laugh at me for how excited I get about this weekend, but it honestly is one of my favorite of the year :) 


Last weekend, I ran my first 5k race. More specifically, my running career started about 2.5 weeks ago. Mary Beth ran the Augusta 1/2 marathon and I said to myself "surely I can run at least 3 miles". Which most definitely I could not do at the time! I ran about 3/4 of the 3 miles on Saturday and am planning to do another one on May 18th and run the whole way. I still dislike running and am not sure why people find the actual act of running enjoyable, but it is satisfying when I am done.  When the race started and everyone was crowded together, Mary Beth said "don't worry, it will get faster soon when people spread out". To which I replied "this is the pace I always run!".  I need to work on my speed too :) 

After the race, we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. St. Patrick's Day is a pretty big deal in Dublin (Georgia) and there is green everywhere; including the ice cream and lemonade at Chick-fil-a. The girls worked out going through some things and cleaning out my grandparents house while the boys did some land maintenance out at the lake. I've always known my grandmother was a godly women, but seeing just how many Bible studies she had done and led over the years was so very special and encouraging. I'm thankful for such a godly heritage! My parents have put a lot of hard work into sprucing up the lake house over the past several months, and it was nice to enjoy the fruit of their labor. We were busy working pretty much all day, so I'm excited to go back when we have time to play! 






No comments:

Post a Comment