Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Marvelous Mama

I know its a few days late, but I wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mama one more time! I have truly been blessed to have the mother I have; she's one of my best friends! She loves God, loves soaking up Scripture, and loves praying. Some of my earliest memories are us kids and our mom sitting around the table memorizing our verses of the week/month and learning new  hymns.

She has taught (and still does!) me so many things over the years, both spiritual things and practical every-day-life things. She willingly put her time and effort into orchestrating the K-12 years of my education, and encouraged me every step through the rest of it. While I did get tired of friends asking me if I went to school in my pajamas and got automatic A's, looking back I would still repeat those 18 years at home!

 I give her just as much credit as my dad for my love of college football. We've been in the car together the past few SEC championships, and you'd better believe that football is on the radio for the whole drive. We've also had such fun over the years discussing the finer points of theology and politics; and spend just as much, if not more, time talking about ballet.  I also greatly enjoy shopping, decorating, and organizing with her. I love our Sunday walks when I'm in town visiting and miss being able to walk more often. She's prayed for me since before I was even born and continues to do so to this day;  for this I am so incredibly grateful!  Thank you mama!








No comments:

Post a Comment