I love summer! It makes me happy. The past few weeks have
been busy ones. Aside from the normal school work and going to clinical, I have
started a new job! Currently, it is possibly the most complicated job I have
ever had. Not in terms of the actual work, but in terms of understanding the
clinic structure (it is 1 clinic subdivided into 17 individual clinics...all
run differently) and figuring out what exactly I am supposed to do when I work.
I am excited to learn! All of the staff that I have met so far are very
friendly, and it is exciting to me to learn more about the case management side
of healthcare.
A few weeks ago, my roommate for the past 2 years got
married! It is still crazy to me that Morgan and Aron are married now, but
married they are! The reception was at a beautiful antebellum mansion
surrounded by magnolia trees. One thing I like about weddings is that usually
you get to see friends that you have not seen in a while. As this particular
wedding was a "Marannook wedding", it was great to catch up with
friends from Marannook that I had not seen in a while!
I spent the last week of June working as the nurse at Camp
Marannook. For those who do not know, Camp Marannook is a camp near Auburn, AL
that is very dear to my heart. God has used it in my life in so many ways over
the years. This summer, I had the chance to go back in a new role...nurse! I am
so thankful that God allowed me to be able to have a clear schedule for a week
so that I was able to go. It brought so much joy to my heart to see the campers
having a blast at camp while hearing the gospel...literally everything at
Marannook is brought back to the gospel. It was also a learning experience
taking care of the campers who weren't feeling well. I'm glad that Crystal, who is on the camp's
permanent staff and is a nurse was either at camp or only a phone call away whenever
I had questions. Another neat thing was finding out that one of my former
campers is a counselor this summer. Yes, it made me feel old to know that some
of my campers are now old enough to be counselors, but it was so exciting to watch
her love on her campers.
I returned to Atlanta from Marannook and jumped straight
into 4th of July festivities. My grandmother and some of mine and my sister's
college friends from Clemson spent the weekend with us in Atlanta. For dinner
on the 4th, even more family friends came over...it was a full house, but a ton
of fun! A neighbor did a fireworks show and we capped off the festivities with
a fun game.
No comments:
Post a Comment